As we approach our third annual HandyCon conference (this March 8 – 10, 2023), we want to have a tangible result following – a series of meetups to help support and grow the Handshake community.
Already we have gotten interest in these locations to host a meetup during this year’s HandyCon:
- Austin, Texas
- Miami, Florida
- London, United Kingdom
- Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Los Angeles, California
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Hong Kong
The idea is to further grow this amazing, decentralized, community in our favorite way – grassroots, bottom up.
What Does a Ring Consist of?
A ring is a term for a city or region where there is at least a few Handshaker directors who are willing to meet up in person and have a drink and talk shop.
We at HandyCon want to take off as much burden as possible by providing:
- Structure – we can provide the templates and content and promotion needed, so the organizer of the ring meetup can focus on inviting good people and hosting a fun gathering.
- Prints and Swag – we hope to have X-banners printed, swag shipped, maybe even giveaways and coupons provided for each ring.
- Online Marketing Support – we will create a page for your ring in a directory, and allow those around the world to find local handshake meetups in their area.
- Online Speakers and Speakers in The Local Area – you as a ring organizer won’t need to stress about finding speakers. We will try to “route” speakers from the international community who would like to “zoom in” to your local meetup and present. Or if someone is in town that wants to share – allow them to have that platform.
How To Apply And Get Involved?
Are you interested in this opportunity? We want to make it as easy as possible – with the goal of having a meetup in your ring during HandyCon 2023 (between the dates of March 8 – 10, 2023).
Your main job is to:
- be available for the meetup,
- find a location where you can host a group of people that can project the HandyCon online event. This can be a private location if you’d like – and the address can be shared upon application. But it would be easier if it is a cafe or bar and host a table or room.
Once we have your confirmation, we can post a dedicated landing page for your ring, feature you and other main organizers, and the date and location (if public).
Main Point – Take Action, Take Steps, And Build and Improve
We are a decentralized and grassroots community put together to find a better way to have domain names online.
The way to grow is to take actions, learn, and improve. We cannot get overly complicated and stressed – let us take this first step towards creating local meetups to spread the good word on Handshake by hosting a local meetup in your area on/during HandyCon 2023.
Afterwards, can discuss the frequency of the meetup (depending on your time and the local community size and interest).
Sounds Interesting? Let Us Know Today!
So we hope this has picked up your interest – if you’d like to get the conversation going, please fill out the form below